Matthew Robson, a 15 year old intern for Morgan Stanley Bank, caused quite a stir in the media and advertising industries when the bank published his internship research report. Matthew described the consumer behavior of his teenage friends, shocking everybody, from investors to media professionals, with the clarity and the determination of his statements.
I won’t go into the details of his report, since you can read it fully on the Guardian, but I will give you the summary of what’s hot and what’s not in the teenagers’ world:
What is hot?
• Anything with a touch screen is desirable.
• Mobile phones with large capacities for music.
• Portable devices that can connect to the internet (iPhones)
• Really big tellies
What is not?
• Anything with wires
• Phones with black and white screens
• Clunky ‘brick’ phones
• Devices with less than ten-hour battery life
Via Mihnea Maruta.